EYFS Curriculum (K1-K2)
Our kindergarten programme principally builds and enhances your child’s English language ability, imagination and confidence. This is achieved by using role-play, story-telling, creative artwork, singing and interactive play. Phonics, literacy and mathematics are integral parts of the EYFS course.
The four guiding principles that shape our practice are:
- We recognise every child’s uniqueness, and with our guidance your child will learn to become confident, resilient, self-assured and capable.
- We aim to give every child a positive relationship experience, enabling strength of character and independence.
- Our learning environment will give your child the support he/she needs to develop their individual needs.
- We facilitate, and encourage, a strong, well-informed partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers.
There are seven areas of learning. Three prime areas, which are crucial and build children’s capacity to learn, form relationships and thrive:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
and four specific areas through which the three prime areas are strengthened and applied:
Literacy – Primrose values phonics as an essential tool for the development of children’s Literacy skills.
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Our classes are fun and informative and our students have an enjoyable time exploring the English Language. Classes are four days a week, Tuesday–Friday.